Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Holy flooding, Batman!

In Massachusetts for the past 3 days we have had constant heavy rain. On the third morning, the water table was maxed out, there was no where for the rain to go, so flooding started. In the town I live, Braintree, there are many high and low points, the roads and land is everywhere, so it would go from fine to OMG FLOODED ROAD in a matter of 1/4 of a mile.



5 mins later. I havent moved.



Here's a pic from this morning:



The 'puddle' is about a foot high, coming up to a normal cars front grate. Braintree was the worst town I went through. The minute I hit South Center, my normal 2 minute drive took me 30 minutes until I could even get anywhere close to my house. It would have taken me another 20-30 minutes but then I went illegally up a one way road to get to my house, cuz I wasn't waiting any more.

The roads are getting all torn apart too.



This is right behind my driveway. Hello, massive pothole!

Also last night, I had to go through a foot high 'puddle.'





This morning though, we found kittens in the bushes in front of my office! The mother was away so we grabbed them and put them in my car. Bad idea. Kittens scattered everywhere. There are 4 total, one is still stuck in my steering column. Ugh. We will bring them to a shelter and get them spayed/neutered and shots. ^^ Then hope that they find a forever home!



This one is my favorite... she's so cute... *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. She really is adorable! Just look at that face!!!!!! And her eyes, they're blue?! Did you take them home then?

    - Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, theyre greeny blue color, i think all the kittens have the same color eyes. I'm still at work now, theyre in a box (except the kitty above, shes sleeping in my lap) with food and water relaxing, im gonna try to bring em to a shelter today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot holes are bad. Kitties are good.

    ReplyDelete